Proven Aloe Vera Benefits And Uses
While there are many claims as to Aloe Vera benefits and its uses, I would like to present some of the facts and information. I have been fortunate to be able to enjoy Aloe and its benefits.
Aloe is a genus of plants belonging to the Asphodelaceae family, and is related to onions and asparagus. The Aloe genus appears naturally in Africa, although many members of the genus are popular houseplants and can be found around the world. The most famous member of the genus is Aloe Vera, known for its medicinal uses and applications.
Though there are several common medical uses for Aloe Vera, the most frequent use of the plant is in the form of a topical gel. Gels made from Aloe are used to treat burns and minor scrapes. Aloe Vera benefits range from soothing inflammation, pain relief, and a reduction in the likelihood of infection. Studies have also shown that regular use of an Aloe Vera based gel will actually speed the healing process in minor wounds, and even severe burns. It has been used in this capacity for hundreds of years. The thick leaves can be snapped open, and the moist open ends of the leave can be rubbed onto a burn or scrape directly.
In industrialized areas, the moisture form the Aloe leaves are extracted and made into the popular gel most people are familiar with. In more recent years, it has become more popular than ever and has found its way into skin lotions, cosmetic products, shampoos, lip balms, soaps and sunscreens. Some Aloe Vera benefits include a strong moisturizing capacity, and its extract contains a number of vitamins and minerals that are believed to promote healthy skin. It is a very gentle substance in itself, so one of the benefits of Aloe Vera is that it can be used in sensitive areas, such as around the eyes.
Aloe plants, have also found medicinal uses internally. Used in this way primarily as a laxative, the juice from aloe can be dried into a dark powder composed of yellowish granules that are quite bitter to taste. Internal use of Aloe is marketed as a treatment for coughs, ulcers, muscle pain, headaches, and even cancer and HIV. The only proven Aloe Vera benefit in internal use is the relief of constipation. Additionally, even in this use, internal use of the plant has a number of side effects, can cause nausea, and should not be taken by women who may be pregnant.
There is a lot of hype and mystery surrounding the Aloe genus, especially its most popular member Aloe Vera. Clearly, many Aloe Vera benefits are proven, especially the ones involved in external use and in skin care. Its benefits for internal use are somewhat dubious, however.
To enjoy Aloe Vera, you could chill it and mix with honey water. However, it taste good that you could even enjoy it on its own. That is one benefit to your taste bud!
Hot Topics In Gardening
- Important Uses of Weeds in the Lives of People
- Hawaiian Flowers Amazingly Beautiful and Super Long Lasting
- Cheap Ideas For Garden Landscaping
- Planning An Herb Garden With Culinary Herbs, Medicinal Herbs and Aromatic Herbs
- Things To Know Before Buying Lawn Mower Parts
- Organic Fertilizers - Mix Your Own Special Blends
- Chosing the Perfect Lawn Mower For the Garden
- Which is Better - Chemical Fertilizer or Organic Fertilizer?
- Bonsai Plant Care - What You Need to Know
- The Most Popular Flowering Plant
- Gardening In The City.
- Gardening tips.
- Why should you choose Teak Patio Furniture?
- A Brief Guide to the Best Trees for Providing Shade for Your Garden
- The Japanese Garden
- The Beauty of Landscaping
- Container Gardening Indoors and Outdoors
- Choose Plants For Your Garden The Easy Way
- Covered Garden Bridges Cross Over to 21st Century
- Creating A Balcony Garden Oasis
Most pregnant women may feel more exhausted than usual and would eventually sleep more. Duri...
But the modern environment and diet is deficient in many factors essential for the health of mother and fetus. One of those...
Why, who wouldn't love getting paid to buy products that they use everyday?
Here's how I do it.<...
- Carpet Cleaning
- Cheap Travel
- Digital Camera
- Family Vacation
- Herb Garden
- Home Job
- Home Loans
- Home Mortgage
- Home Schooling
- Home Theater System
- Home Workouts
- Home Theater System
- Mediterranean Diet
- Online Dating
- Patio Furniture
- Personal Development
- Personal Finance
- Personal Loan
- South Beach Diet
- Stop Smoking
- Stress Relief
- Vegetarian Diet
- Work from Home
- Zone Diet
- Halloween - Keeping Your Kids Safe!
- Are Your Lifestyle Habits Killing You?
- Hot Tips About Cool Contact Lenses To Save You Money
- Is Your Weight Issue Controlling You? How to Add More Joy into Your Life with Small Changes
- THe Five Secrets For Keeping Kids Safe
- Our Accident Epidemic And How To Avoid Being A Victim
- Great Garden Furniture
- Be Prepared For Urgent Care With Emergency Planning
- Aromatherapy For Man's Faithful Friend - Dog
- Planning for a Destination Wedding